Peer Support Group
6/13/2019 7:52:06 PM
Welcome to the EASAV Member Peer Support Group Page!
Attention: New location
The group meets on the second Wednesday of each month at the Mayfield Animal Hospital from 7 - 9 pm.
Q: Who are these meetings for?
A: For EASAV member veterinarians who are searching for peer support with issues such as:
Do you have a question for one of our facilitators? Contact them confidentially at email@example.com
One of this program’s basic principles is that of confidentiality. Meetings will be kept confidential; those present will be asked not to disclose to anyone whom we see or what we hear while at the meetings.
Each session will be co-facilitated by 1-2 long-time EASAV members, Drs. Martin Schiebel and/or Nancy Bruyere and/or Smokey Walters, our Executive Assistant.
We are not licensed counsellors and are not trained to give guidance on personal, social or psychological problems; we are veterinarians helping veterinarians and we look forward to helping our fellow members!
Not an EASAV member, but seeking support? If you are a veterinarian registered with the AbVMA, we welcome you to purchase a membership with us so that you can attend our meetings! Click here to sign up to purchase a membership or contact our Executive Assistant, Smokey at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
If you not a registered veterinarian and are looking for mental health support, please see below for a list of Mental Health Resources available to AbVMA members and residents of Alberta.
Connecting veterinary professionals with mental health resources in the community
Mental Health Hotline Alberta – mymentalhealth.ca – 1-877-303-264
Alberta Health Services Crisis/Distress Hotline
211 – 24 hr support to provide resources to help with a stressful situation before it escalates into a crisis.
- Edmonton: 1-780-342-7777
- Calgary: 403-266-1605
- Anyone in Alberta can call either number. When you or someone you know needs to talk to a mental health therapist (i.e.:distress, talking about self harm, harm to others, suicidal thoughts/words)
List of Crisis centres in Alberta
- Dial 2-1-1 anytime, 24 hrs/day, 7 days/week.
- If calling from outside the 211 service areas (areas listed at http://www.ab.211.ca/communities served), dial either
- - Edmonton: 780-482-4636
- - Calgary: 403-264-3388
- Online Chat available from 12 – 8pm MT daily
Alberta Health Services Health Link
Alberta Mental Health Intake
- talk to a nurse about a mental health or physical concern in person.
- 24 hrs/day, 7 days/week
- live person answers this phone
Mental Health Resources for livestock producers in Canada - domore.ag
- to book a mental health assessment with an expert; recorded message only
- There is no live person who answers this phone
- for AbVMA member mental health support
- call 1-800-663-1142 or visit homewoodhealth.com