Peer Support Group
3/8/2019 10:02:49 PM
Welcome to the EASAV Member Peer Support Group Page!
The group will be meeting on the second Wednesday of each month at the WDDC from 7 - 9 pm.
Q: Who are these meetings for?
A: For EASAV member veterinarians who are searching for peer support with issues such as:
Do you have a question for one of our facilitators? Contact them confidentially at email@example.com
One of this program’s basic principles is that of confidentiality. Meetings will be kept confidential; those present will be asked not to disclose to anyone whom we see or what we hear while at the meetings.
Each session will be co-facilitated by 1-2 long-time EASAV members, Drs. Martin Schiebel and Nancy Bruyere and Smokey Walters, our Executive Assistant.
We are not licensed counsellors and are not trained to give guidance on personal, social or psychological problems; we are veterinarians helping veterinarians and we look forward to helping our fellow members!
Not an EASAV member, but seeking support? If you are a veterinarian registered with the AbVMA, we welcome you to purchase a membership with us so that you can attend our meetings! Click here to sign up to purchase a membership or contact our Executive Assistant, Smokey at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
If you not a registered veterinarian and are looking for mental health support, please see below for a list of Mental Health Resources available to AbVMA members and residents of Alberta.
Connecting veterinary professionals with resources in the community
Mental Health Hotline Alberta – mymentalhealth.ca – 1-877-303-264
Alberta Health Services Crisis/Distress Hotline
211 – 24 hr support to provide resources to help with a stressful situation before it escalates into a crisis.
- Edmonton: 1-780-342-7777
- Calgary: 403-266-1605
- Anyone in Alberta can call either number. When you or someone you know needs to talk to a mental health therapist (i.e.: distress, talking about self harm, harm to others, suicidal thoughts/words)
List of Crisis centres in Alberta
- Dial 2-1-1 anytime, 24 hrs/day, 7 days/week.
- If calling from outside the 211 service areas (areas listed at http://www.ab.211.ca/communities served), dial either
- - Edmonton: 780-482-4636
- - Calgary: 403-264-3388
- Online Chat available from 12 – 8pm MT daily
Alberta Health Services Health Link
Alberta Mental Health Intake
- talk to a nurse about a mental health or physical concern in person.
- 24 hrs/day, 7 days/week
- live person answers this phone
Mental Health Resources for livestock producers in Canada - domore.ag
- to book a mental health assessment with an expert; recorded message only
- There is no live person who answers this phone
- for AbVMA member mental health support
- call 1-800-663-1142 or visit homewoodhealth.com